Re: [TenTec] [Orion] "Technical Correspondence", August 2007 issue

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] "Technical Correspondence", August 2007 issue
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:14:58 EDT
Hi all,

IMHO Frank makes some good points.  The Orion II (of which I am an owner) and
the Flexradio are both excellent products but neither is perfect and neither
is for everyone.  At this point in their respective development cycles they
appeal to somewhat different audiences, with the open-software nature of
Flexradio attracting many folks whose programming ability exceeds mine (which
isn't
hard to do).

I'm awaiting with anticipation further details and actual performance data on
the Flex 5000 and the K3, as well as Ten-Tec's competitive response.  SDR is
changing the landscape of radio, and it's an exciting time to be a ham.

73,

Ray W2RS