[TenTec] Argonaut II/Delta II crystal filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut II/Delta II crystal filters
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@beeb.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:14:23 +0100
I'm not exactly happy with the Jones filter on my Argonaut II.

a) the centre of the bandpass shifts up frequency (on USB) when I
tighten the bandpass width

b) the narrowest width setting is about 700Hz: I could do with 500Hz or
narrower.

The manual warns against adjusting the two sets of 4-pole filters unless
you have a network (spectrum, surely?) analyser, which I do. Anyway, the
adjustment pots are all locked in position with some sort of fixative.

Has anyone had a go at adjusting the filters?

If so, I would appreciate some advice - which might be, of course, don't
try and fix it!

73

Bob
MM0RKT