Re: [TenTec] AL-811 amp integration with Omni V

To: rick@rickdenney.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] AL-811 amp integration with Omni V
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:34:43 EDT
Rick,

I don't have an Omni but I do have an AL-811 that I use on 160 meters with my
Orion II.  The AL-811 is not designed to be used on QSK without Ameritron's
QSK-5 switching unit, which I do not have (user reports on it have been mixed).
 I simply run a control line between the AL-811 and one of the two amp keying
jacks on the Orion II.  I have set the hang time on the Orion to 60%, which
seems to work fine with the 15-20 wpm CW that I generally use on 160.

BTW, I've replaced the 811As in the AL-811 with 572Bs to get better plate
dissipation.  Works fine.

GL & 73,

Ray W2RS