Re: [TenTec] INRAD "OMNI VI Audio Mod"

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD "OMNI VI Audio Mod"
From: Thomas <ac7a@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 7:56:48 -0700
Ed,

I added this mod to my omni VI+ a few years ago. To my ear it brightened the
audio. Before adding the mod the higher audio frequencies were more heavily
rolled off and less to my liking. Even though the mod is mostly slated to
improve the received phone audio, I also like the way it sounds on CW. If you
need to roll-off the high audio frequencies there's always the DSP low-pass
filters.

My understanding is that the mod's benefits are best experienced with the INRAD
filters. However, I use the Ten Tec filters and to me the mod still resulted in
a nice improvement.

'73, Thomas - AC7A