Re: [TenTec] all mode ten tec (argonaut V?)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] all mode ten tec (argonaut V?)
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 14:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
The Hy Tokyo .... pardon the spelling... amps which are sold by Ham Radio
Outlet..... have a amp for I think 5 watts in and 100 watts out. I had thought
about getting the Argonaut V and the Amp to use as a station here in Maryland.

Paul Gates, KD3JF

john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com> wrote: i would like to get an all-mode ten
tec. i was thinking about a paragon or
paragon II, delta II (if you can find one) etc. the new ten tec's like the
orion and omni models are a bit out of my reach right now. i have been thing
of buying a used argonaut V, but the 20 watt Max is a bit low for me as i am
into ssb. would it be possible to run the argonaut off a non ten tec amp to
bring up my wattage to the nominal 100 watts of most transceivers. does
anyone run there argo's from an amp? on average, how much power will an amp
put out from the max. 20 watt output of the argo. tia, john