[TenTec] Ugly Radios

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ugly Radios
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:18:31 -0700 (PDT)
I think the word "Ugly" is in the mind of the beholder and that the word is
relative. I well remember my first receiver... Lafayette and Hallicrafters HT40
transmitter from WRL radio. Then it was the Gonset G66B receiver and Elmac AF67
transmitter. I had a rash of Swan radios beginning with the 240, then the 350C
and 700CX; Now not to be out done I had the Drake TR3 and TR4, Atlas 210X...
several of them.....

Then the Tentec 509, 540,544,Argosy,Delta, and then the Icom 730, 735, 706MKIIG
and earlier the Alinco DX70. Got interested in QRP a couple of times and now
have the KX1 and K1. You know What? IMO THEY WERE AND ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL NOT
UGLYRADIOS!!

Paul Gates, KD3JF, former WA4JGI, WA8TER