Re: [TenTec] Tuning Rigs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuning Rigs
From: ynkedragon@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:44:02 -0400
I have been using an manual tuner for years and would offer these
thoughts:
1. I can usually tune the antenna matching unit close to resonance just
by peaking received signal strength or band noise
2. Minimum RF output is almost always sufficient to achieve final
resonance adjustments.
3. A chart of tuner settings, at about 100 KHz intervals can often help
met avoid on-the-air tuning unless my antenna is coated with ice or
otherwise off resonance.

73, Blair K3YD