Re: [TenTec] Ford vehicle RF noise.

To: <kd3jf@arrl.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ford vehicle RF noise.
From: "Arthur Trampler" <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:41:56 -0500
I run the 706MKIIG in my 2000 Taurus and thought I did not have a noise
problem...but in reality it was the NB on the 706 masking it.

My solution was to bond all doors, hood and trunk to frame; tailpipe in two
places; engine, transmission and alternator where it's attached, and I put
ferrite cores on the fuel pump line and spark plugs.

End result?  Took noise from the car from probably S7 or 8 (again, never
noticed it due to effective, but of course somewhat distorting NB) to NIL,
zip, nadda.  So now I can work (in the absence of line noise) without the NB
or DSP noise reduction which of course helps the RX overall in the presence
of strong signals.

73,
Art, KC2G