Re: [TenTec] Ford vehicle RF noise.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ford vehicle RF noise.
From: wo8l@aol.com
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:17:04 -0400
I don't understand this entire thread.

Now people are parnoid that they have a Ford where they need to drop the gas
tank or do something else drastic to fix RFI problems.

Again, I've had eight or nine Fords, including some of the models mentioned in
e-mails.? I've had other autos and trucks also.

If you ground properly and use a radio which isn't exceptionally prone to
noise, you're fine.

Jeep, Chevy, Ford, etc.?I've used them.?

Refer to the appropriate ARRL materials about grounding and you'll be fine.?
So, what is the deal here?

Of course, don't try this with a hybrid.

--Rick

?? WO8L