[TenTec] Orion 1 Display Issue

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 Display Issue
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:19:35 -0400
Last night I turned on my Orion 1 only to see that the boot up message was
very washed out (backlight normal), and when the rig had booted I could
barely see the "dials."  I tried to go into the menu to fiddle with the
contrast but couldn't see it well enough to do.  Power cycling did not
help-but I found that if I waited a minute or so there was a step change to
a normal display.  This morning I also saw the same thing.

I suspect this is a prelude to a cataclysmic display collapse, but given how
normal the display looks once the problem has cleared, I am not convinced
this is actually a display problem.  I wonder if anyone on the reflector has
experienced this-or has a good idea of the problem-and can tell me what is
going on and what to expect?  I really hate shipping the rig back to the
mothership but I will begin my search for the carton.

73

Bob W2WG