Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII Question
From: "John T. Turner" <jtturner@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:26:09 -0500
Bob - I have had this same concern that you mention about OMNI VII
sound in the absence of signals. I've had my VII for about two weeks
now and compared to my Omni C, there seems to be a big increase in
"rush" noise when there are no signals present. I've played with NR,
etc. but it seems that what I trying to do is manipulate the controls
of the C  to get the VII to be as quiet as the C is normally.

I haven't been sure about this but I have done some "A vs B"
comparisons between the two rigs and there is clearly a difference in
"rush" level. I am interested to know if others have made similar
observations.

In the presence of signals, the VII is absolutely marvelous. I
haven't had as much fun with a rig since...I got my (used) Omni C in
1981.

73,

John ND0N