Re: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] bringing up an old amp
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:25:22 -0700
Personally I prefer the style of HV warning sign on an X-ray system I
once saw in a lab. The power supply could provide something in the
region of 10kV at 0.5A.

The warning on the outside said: "Contact with potentials inside this
device WILL cause death".

I liked the certainty of the warning.

It's worth adding a sticker like this on the top of a linear to
always keep the point in mind.

On Oct 12, 2007, at 11:13 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:

> Remember also, some amplifiers have an interlock switch so you
> can't run
> with cover off.  There are ways to handle that, but if you need to
> know
> that, please email privately.  k5kvh@arrl.net
> Remember the old drawing space filler in QST:  "Switch to Safety".
>
> -Stuart
> K5KVH

Kevin Purcell
kevinpurcell@pobox.com