[TenTec] Receive Audio Mod INRAD

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Receive Audio Mod INRAD
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:43:41 -0400
For reasons no doubt due to higher-quality parts used in Ten-Tec's
production early on, my very early OMNI VI (opt. 3), purchased
second-hand, has very good (dare I say excellent?)
communications-quality SSB audio.  I can find no difference between the
audio of this particular OMNI VI and that of a Mark V Field parked next
to it. In fact, I was so pleasantly surprised by the audio quality that
I e-mailed the seller and asked him if he'd done the INRAD mod. He had not.

So not all OMNI VI's have lousy audio. Someone wrote here years ago that
because of production mods "no two OMNIs are the same," and I would have
to agree.

73,
John, W3ULS