[TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425

To: "Ten-Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] K4VUD & Titan 425
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:49:12 -0400
Charles K4VUD (who's apparently back in the US from Thailand right now) is
having some problems with a blown mica disk capacitor on the meter shunt
board.

As far as I know, he is not a member of this reflector.

Based on the rant that he just posted to multiple other reflectors
(including one I administer, in violation of reflector rules... but that's
another story) he is less than satisfied with the answer(s) he's gotten from
Paul Clinton at the factory.  I am not going to repeat that rant here, as it
is very one-sided.

Regardless... if anyone who is a current or former owner of the amplifier
wishes to contact Charles to see if they can render some assistance, you can
contact him at k4vud@hotmail.com.  (Please do NOT reply to me at this email
address!)

Oh, and in case you are wondering... no, I am not at all happy with Charles
right now (both as a Ten Tec owner and as the reflector admin) and have so
informed him.  I am willing, though, to chalk this up as an unforseen
side-effect of frustration.  So despite the chewing out that he (I think
very unfairly) gave Paul, I'd rather see him get some help.

(And if you've seen the rant on another reflector... well, I don't
administer this one, so I can't tell you what to do -- nor do I wish to --
but I would kindly suggest that due to some inflammatory comments within,
it'd be best not to repeat it here.

If you haven't seen it: Trust me.  You won't like it.)

Thanks!

73, ron w3wn