[TenTec] Anyone using W2ihy products on omni 6 with goodresults?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Anyone using W2ihy products on omni 6 with goodresults?
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 05:41:30 -0700 (PDT)
Being an old Omni owner from the early days on I have definite opinions based
on experience... The Omni 6 series was designed for DX and contesting and the
audio chain is optimized for that...  As others point out, you can stuff 8K of
audio into the mike connector, but it will get stripped off and/or cause
distortion...  The only reason I can see for the W2IHY  (a fine audio product)
would be to smooth out a peaky microphone or make up for  low mike output - a
new mike would be more cost effective solution...

  Now, having said that I have the W2IHY and I tried it on the Omni and on the
MK-V and on the Orion, and it now resides in the steel storage cabinet where my
surplus gear winds up...  It is a good product, but was a bad idea for my
radios and Heil mikes...

denny / k8do