Re: [TenTec] Anyone using W2ihy products on omni 6 with goodresults?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Anyone using W2ihy products on omni 6 with goodresults?
From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:25:37 -0500
Thanks Bob--HI Barry,

I considered that, (your point) when I thought about my answer to the
original question.  Many eq users settle on a boost/cut contour that
boosts the high and low frequencies and attenuates the midrange.   But
what is desired is an almost flat response curve with a peak in the
lower end and a gradual taper off towards the high end.   With a 2.4
KHz IF, you basically start out and end in the midrange.  The eq could
be used to give a flat response there, but most mics that work well
with the Omni 6 are pretty flat in that range of frequencies by
themselves (eg Heil Goldline, Ten Tec mics), so I think the IHY eq is
superflous.  I must say I have never had that EQ Plus compressor so
I'm not qualified to comment on it.

73

rob / k5uj

<<<The use of external audio equalization doesn't necessarily mean
someone is looking for a wide audio bandwidth. They might just want to
adjust the voice response over the 2.4Khz bandwidth.  There are a heck
of a lot of microphones in use that could use such equalization to
make the op's voice sound more natural at the receiving end.

73,
Barry N1EU>>>