[TenTec] OMIN VII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMIN VII
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 05:33:33 -0800 (PST)
What Rick, are you saying that my O2 is not a mobile rig?

  OK levity aside, I agree with you... I would comment that SGC may be small
but their 500 watt amp, is of the highest world class quality...  When I opened
mine to enable ten meters I was blown away by the quality of the build... It
matches anything I saw in my wasted youth in industry...
  My testing shows that the SGC500 is capable of 650 watts out (with a rock
solid 14.8 volts in - I use a pair of Diesel starting batteries and a charger )
  Now picture a mobile pair in push-pull giving you 1300 watts out and each amp
having a 50% duty cycle...
  Hmmm, picture me salivating... Picture the mobile whip begging for mercy...
  Lets see, I do have an old metal workbox that fits across the bed of my
4X4...
  It would hold the amps and fans, and the batteries can be in a plywood box
right next to the amps box, then a 2KW Hush Power generator to charge the
batteries and a fuel tank plumbed ot the generator...
  CQWW mobile anyone?

denny / k8do