Re: [TenTec] FW: ARLX007 Motorola buys Yaesu

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FW: ARLX007 Motorola buys Yaesu
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 16:36:35 -0500
Well, the know-it-alls over on the QRZ.COM forums would have you believe
that Motorola is either going to shut down the Amateur division, sell it to
the Chinese, or sell it to MFJ.

Now, mind you, there are no facts to back any of this up, just wild
speculation.  But they already know everything, so you can take it to the
bank.  Just ask them.

Keep in mind, of course, that while Motorola will own a controlling
interest, they won't own it all.  So we shall see.  And I wouldn't expect
anything to happen right away.

And in all fairness, you never know.  For example... anyone heard anything
out of Cushcraft since they were sold earlier this year?