Re: [TenTec] e: Triton question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] e: Triton question
From: Kevin Purcell <kevinpurcell@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:56:15 -0800
Ron is right ... there is a Triton I on the front panel ... squint at
this photo from the tentec wiki

<http://tentecwiki.org/lib/exe/detail.php?
id=transceivers&cache=cache&media=510.jpg>

Rixpix called it the Triton 1 and have a bigger photo with the front
panel marking is quite clear

<http://www.rigpix.com/tentec/tritoni.htm>

Obviously they intended to make a Triton 2 and beyond!

AFAIK, there was no Triton III but I don't know why. And unless a Ten-
tec person chips in I suspect we won't know.

On Nov 9, 2007, at 4:48 PM, Rick Williams wrote:

> Ron, I'm not certain but, I believe you were speaking of the
> Corsair I.
>
> I think Ten-Tec made as many Corsair I's as they did Orion I's.
>
> 73,
> Rick
> VE7TK

> ---
> Subject:     Re: [TenTec] Triton question
> Date:     Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:05:12 -0500
>
>> There WAS a Triton 1.  It was the 50 watt version of the Triton 2
>> We had one at our Radio club back in the 70's.  Had the
>> "Triton 1" Logo on the front panel.  Same beige paint scheme.
>>
>> Perry  w8au
>

> Damn! I learn something new everyday!
>
> I'll be cow-kicked!
>
> Sorry all (and to TT) for my boo boo.