Re: [TenTec] H/W Mic Gain - Orion 2 ??

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] H/W Mic Gain - Orion 2 ??
From: "Ken Shutt" <kgshutt@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:57:45 -0600
Wolfgang,

The extra hardware mike gain was added in a recent firmware upgrade.
According to ten-tec, it was added because additional gain was needed for
some microphones.  The amp uses  previously unsed circutry in the radio.  I
leave mine set at zero.  The RF Squared website has an explanation of this
firmware change.

73 de Ken W5KQ