Re: [TenTec] Omvi VI AF Gain Control & RIT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omvi VI AF Gain Control & RIT
From: VE1BN <ve1bn@eastlink.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:00:48 -0400
For Art ,K0RO,

I copied an article in Contesting.Com that modified the range of the AF pot
in the OMNI 6+.

This originated from Mark, K8VF, and I will pass it along to you and any
others who want to do this.

Don,  ve1bn@eastlink.ca

> Put a 70 ohm , 1/8 watt resistor between wiper and af min on audio pot at
  connector 55 on Lower pot board.

  Did this on Lower pot board as it was easiest, you could pull the if/af
  board, too but I did not.

  Flip rig with bottom off and front toward you.

  Lower pot board is on right front...connect 70 ohms(or so) between 2nd and
  3rd solder trace counting from the left.

  Works like a charm. Normal audio level is at 12 o clock now instead of 7 o
  clock........
  I didn't have to pull any  boards either.

  I can only guarantee this on my rig, not responsible for yours.

  Best regards.<

  Mark
  K8VF