Re: [TenTec] balun noise?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] balun noise?
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:09:52 -0800
Hi Rick...didja get stuffed yesterday?
This is currently just a recieving antenna, but found my configuration just
worked out to resonance on 3.60 mhz.
I am using a few buried radials....most of my extensive radial field from a
past ground mounted vertical is glitch...new bedroom/bath construction sits
on the site. Will bury some new ones this spring or next fall.
Usually I use a 4 to 1 or 1 to 1 voltage balun....just to dump noise and
static to ground. I am not too concerned about matching at this time since
the station is going to be moved into another room in a couple of months,
and I will be busy running coaxal and 600 ohm feeders inside the old wooden
walls, etc.
To my thinking, signal to noise should be much improved but it got a lot
worse.