[TenTec] Omni 6+ keyer instability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ keyer instability
From: "Jack Mandelman" <modeler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:17:33 -0500
Several days ago I acquired a beautiful Omni 6+ (564), and love the
radio  One glitch that I notice is that occasionally the speed of the
keyer will  vary slightly (speedup by maybe 1-2 wpm).  Since the effect
seemed to be more prevalent when running my linear amplifier vs barefoot
I suspected rfi getting back into the keyer.  I then wrapped 7 turns of
the cable from my paddle through a type 31 split core ferrite, right
where the cable is connected to the radio.  Although the keyer
instability now occurs less frequently, it still does occur.  It's not a
show stopper, but is annoying.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Jack K1VT