Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 22:57:51 -0500
Yes, routers and similar network operations devices make use of 000 and also
255 issued for certain operations (by convention, not necessity) and for
that matter 1 and 254 are usually reserved for certain tasks as well.

Since the radio is an end use device, and not a router or other network
operations or management device, I can't see that this is much of a
limitation, in practice.