Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII - I feel like such a n00b...
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 01:09:13 -0500
You are right Duane, most people have their IP addresses managed by DHCP
whether it is done in their own router, or by their ISP.

That said, the DHCP server does not assign zeros by default.  So, unless
someone has monkeyed about with the router (sort of unlikely except by
mistake of course) then they won't get a zero.

Finally, all of that being said, I dunno why they couldn't just make the
radio accept a zero, more or less for the heck of it.  It seems a simple
change, and I don't think it would really do any harm.

Gary