Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII QSK users with good ears....

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII QSK users with good ears....
From: veast1 <veast1@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:31:08 -0800
Well, i have a Heath HA-14 and i have an isolation relay between the rig
and the amplifier.  The relay in the amplifier is quite noisy, however
when i'm not using the amp, the relay in the rig seems to be quite loud.
Since i have the isolation relay at the power supply to the amplifier, i
was thinking of maybe using a 4N33 optoisolator to replace the relay in
the rig, but was thinking that maybe someone else has come up with
something better.  I have no problems working inside the rig.  I have
done the INRAD SSB audio mod. utilizing surface mount components and
added the roofing filter mod. with my own switching modification
utilizing the ATTN button and associated LED.

Thank you for any help and for your response.

73 - Paul (N6MYA)