Re: [TenTec] OMNI6 PLUS Alignment procedure needed

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI6 PLUS Alignment procedure needed
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:53:05 EST
I have been trying to get this type of information for my OMNI V for years
with no luck.
Ten Tec simply will not give it out.
This is kind of like what the Thorens turntable company did long  ago.
It was fine until the company was sold and the company included the dealers
in the non distribution of repair information.
Some of us kept copies of all the old technical information and shared the
information with others.
Eventually the company that bought Thorens went under and it is a good  thing
we did what we did.
Every bit of technical information that we did not save went under  with the
company.
One day if that happens to Ten Tec and they are no longer around to repair
we will be in trouble.
I have long advocated that we get together and share with each other any
technical information we can get are hands on.
I was told by the top man at Ten Tec that the decision not to make service
manuals, after the Paragon, was a business decision to save the cost of making
service manuals.
That may have been a good thing for Ten Tec but not for owners.
I would like to know what the rest of you think about this problem.
Dan/N4VET