[TenTec] STANDARDISATION OF S-METER READINGS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] STANDARDISATION OF S-METER READINGS
From: philip c anderson <flypca@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 11:05:01 -0500
I hope I do not over step the purpose of this site but after all of the
dicussions about the isolation between Ant 1 and Ant 2 I thought that the
enclosed info might help put some actual values to the "S" meter readings.
I am sending a 2nd mail with more info fromanother source.>> > IARU Region 1
Technical Recommendation R.1> BRIGHTON 1981, TORREMOLINOS 1990> Page 1 of 1> >
> STANDARDISATION OF S-METER READINGS> > 1. One S-unit corresponds to a signal
level difference of 6 dB,> > 2. On the bands below 30 MHz a meter deviation of
S-9 corresponds to an> available power of -73 dBm from a continuous wave signal
generator connected> to the receiver input terminals,> > 3. On the bands above
144 MHz this available power shall be -93 dBm,> > 4. The metering system shall
be based on quasi-peak detection with an attack> time of 10 msec ± 2 msec and a
decay time constant of at least 500 msec.> > >
http://www.algonet.se/~k-jarl/ssa/IARU/smeter.html> > For a 50 ohm systems this
means S-9 is 50uV for HF and 5uV for VHF/UHF.> >