Re: [TenTec] voice peaks low with shure 444d mic with paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] voice peaks low with shure 444d mic with paragon
From: john ferro <foxbat426@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 19:15:14 -0500
james thanks for getting back - can you tell me how its wired to the 4 pic
adapter - in other words can you tell me what color wires from the mic go to
what pins on the 4 pin adapter. thx, john> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:50:27
-0800> From: ka5siw@yahoo.com> To: tentec@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TenTec]
voice peaks low with shure 444d mic with paragon> > Hello,> I use a Sure mic
with my Paragon and get good> reports. Stations say I have good strong audio.
good> luck, hope this helps. 73'S KA5SIW> --- john ferro
<foxbat426@hotmail.com> wrote:> > > > > for everyone who responded thank you so
much! that> > symbol does indicate the gheil chip - i have version> > 61. the
delay was caused by the mic being wired> > wrong. i also called ten tec today
and they> > confirmed the symbol being that of the gheil chip. > > > > now i
have another question - my voice peaks on the> > paragon are somewhat low -
even with the processor> > on. i am using a shure 444d mic. when i tune up the>
> paragon with the tune button, which bypasses the mic> > i am easily getting
120 watts+ out. i am confused> > though because with the same mic used with my>
> paragon II, my voice peaks were very high and it> > wasn't a problem. > > > >
ten tec says its the mic and i need to order a ten> > tec desk or hand mic for
best results. when i asked> > him why the shure 444d mic worked well with the>
> paragon II he said that there were about 6 versions> > of audio boards
(different resistor values on each> > board) that went into the paragons and
some worked> > better with the shure 444d than others, based on> > when they
were released and what board my paragon> > has - > > > > has anyone else had
problems with the 444d and the> > paragon or other ten tec rigs for that
matter. does> > this explanation sound correct.> > > > thx again, john> >>