Re: [TenTec] Orion Relay Noise

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Relay Noise
From: "fraz1" <fraz1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:19:05 -0600
John:

I also have an older Orion (June 03).  The T/R switching in QSK is literally
silent, and I have been blessed with superb hearing.  I had an Orion II here
and the relay noise was noticeable.  Not loud by any means by clearly
audible.  I asked Paul if they had made a change in relay manufacturers,
and/or mounting method.  he replied they had not made any changes.  I am
apparently VERY fortunate that my specific relay is quiet, and the mounting
is not creating an increase in noise.  I can put my head on the cover....no
noise.  I could hear the Orion II when sitting way back in my chair.  Go
figure.....

73 John K4NP