Re: [TenTec] voice peaks still low on paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] voice peaks still low on paragon
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@gti.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:47:50 -0500
Make sure your RF PWR control  is set fully clockwise, then set the Mic
gain control to make the ALC LED flash on voice peaks. Note that because
of the duty cycle of SSB and the time constant of the meter, the output
power on voice peaks will only show about 25% of the full, peak output
power, so if you are running 100 W, the voice peaks will show 25-30 W.
The Ten Tec meter does not show peak power.

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF