[TenTec] Jupiter RTTY Settings

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter RTTY Settings
From: John Graves <jh.graves@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 23:11:04 -0500
I spent a few hours operating in the CQWPXRTTY with my Jupiter this past
weekend. I was using N1MM and MMVARI and that seemed to be a good
combination. I am curious how others are setting up the Jupiter for RTTY?

I set my Audio level at a comfortable level and lowered the RF gain
until the background noise sank to the floor. Then I ran most of the
time with the DSP filter at 395.

I set my output to 100 Watts and then lowered the input until the ALC
light was out consistently. This gave me 30-50 watts depending on band
and swr (I think)

Does anybody else have some ideas or suggestions that are different than
this?  Is there any suggestions on setting the filters?

--
John Graves
WA1JG