Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII & Linksys WRT54GS Wireless Router Problems

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VII & Linksys WRT54GS Wireless Router Problems
From: "Carter, K8VT" <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:17:59 -0500
Bill Mellema wrote:
>  Greetings:
>
>  I've had my OMNI VII for almost 3 weeks and am loving it.....
>
>  I am trying to get my Linksys Router (WRT54GS V6) to allow access to
>  my OMNI VII remotely. I have worked with Linksys a couple of times
>  now getting the router configured properly. This includes port
>  forwarding ETC. If anyone has this model router working for remote
>  operation I would really appreciate hearing from you. I am able to
>  access the rig in the remote mode while working locally on my network
>  but not from an off site location using the WW Web. I suspect it
>  just may be a simple setting but it's not simple if you don't know...

Bill,
Good luck on your quest and please share your results with us. The
WRT54GS is a popular router. BTW, are you using the latest firmware for
this device? v.1.52.2

Finally, I hope you can pry an answer out of Linksys' tech support.
Their 'first tier' support is in VU land and if it's not on their
script, you are done before you start.

73,
Carter  K8VT