Re: [TenTec] Live and Learn

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Live and Learn
From: "W.D. (Doc) Lindsey" <dock0evz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 00:58:56 -0700
Dan and Everyone:

A couple more things, please.  First, be sure that the overseas recipient
can in fact negotiate a *US* Postal Money order.  Think about it.  (IE, the
US Postal Service is the **US** Postal Service...!!)  Second, double-check
with the proposed recipient about *how much* he or she might be charged
simply to _cash_ your money order.  Example:  several months ago I was
planning to send a vendor in Australia a bank money order, only to learn
that he would have to pay roughly US$65 simply to cash my M.O.  I thought
this was outrageous, but leaving that aside, it was simply not worth it,
since the order itself was only US$147.  We quickly decided to cancel the
order entirely.  It was not too difficult to elect to use Pay Pal.

73 and GL,
--Doc/K0EVZ

(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-du
ffy/