Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Chirp Report

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Chirp Report
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:20:41 -0600
On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 19:36 -0500, Mike Manship wrote:
> The sound I have heard on several Omni VIs reminds me of a wobble board :
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wobble_board
>
> Not the chirp I had with my old DX-40 at all.
>
> 73 de Mike W9OJ

Seems like the chirp reports always come from Tentec receivers. Makes me
wonder if its a bandpass corner phenomena where phase changes rapidly
with frequency and the sound is enhanced by listening through the same
Tentec filter design also at the filter corner. And so the chirp is
enhanced in the receiver and not heard when tuned anywhere away from the
pass band corner or in other receivers.

73, Jerry, K0CQ