Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware gripes!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware gripes!
From: "Sain'T Tom" <dxhawg@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:17:55 -0000
Amen to the Ten-Tec service dept.  They are still helping me with my Omni-Ds
and 544s.  These rigs are pushing 30 years.  Will Yaecomwood help you with a
rig of theirs that is that old?  Will Elecraft and others be around in 30
years.  Does anyone else offer such service.
Even if another brand can squeeze a few more dB out of some receiving
category, in practical use could you tell any difference between an Orion
and whatever you are comparing it with.  All good brands work well.  I
believe most folks who bash Ten-Tec have never used one, or never used one
long enough to get used to the way Ten-Tec rigs are operated.

A good 25+ year old Omni-D can still bring between $300 and $400 on ebay.

Just my 4 cents (inflation) worth.  I'm waiting on the next Omni to make my
technological update.

73
Tom K4RV