Re: [TenTec] OmniV and PSK31

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OmniV and PSK31
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:37:45 -0700
Maybe this will help a bit....the Jupiter, Like the Pegasus which I had in
the past, uses digital audio processing, and is much more forgiving of audio
drive than either the Corsair II, Omni vi or other rigs that use analog
audio sampling. I could typically set the Pegs mike gain and/or soundcard
levels to just below when the alc light would come on and still get nice
clean psk imd reports.
But I finally would up leaving the xmit level at full output and set the
soundcard input to about 30 watts drive.