[TenTec] Corsair II Problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Problem
From: Woody Hester <fghester@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:59:07 -0700 (PDT)
My Corsair II often will not load more than 5-10 W & the receive signal is
weak.  When I gently slap the rig on the right side it comes up to full power
and the receive signal comes to normal.  I'm going to open it up this weekend
to look for loose connections, cold solder joints etc.  I'm a hobbyist
(business major) so any advice re: what to look at first appreciated.  The rig
was brought up to factory specs / aligned by TT about 4 mos. ago, was given a
clean bill of health and performed flawlessly until this developed recently.
Happy Easter to all!  Woody / WD9F