Re: [TenTec] Confusion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Confusion
From: Dave Heil <k8mn@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:13:36 +0000
Jim Lowman wrote:

> Aside from that, the default on this list is that replies go to the list
> and not to the sender.  So
> more than 1,300 list members have to read what should have been a
> private communication.

There are always those who are new to the reflector and who are going to
make errors.  This reflector isn't set up in a manner which makes it
easy to reply to posters of items.  If I hit my "reply" button, the
address which appears is that of the reflector.  If I hit the "reply
all" button, only the reflector address appears.  This is in contrast to
the many other reflectors to which I subscribe.

Finally, more than 1300 list members receive (but do not have to read)
the series of chastisements which are generated by a simple mistake.

Dave Heil K8MN