Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 64, Issue 12

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 64, Issue 12
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:23:30 EDT
In the shack I use a  couple of sealed lead acid batteries, ( sla) . I  use
the old ones from my mobility scooter  (33 ah each) and I use a west  mountain
powergate to keep them charged.

 out  in the shed I have a small solar panel (  12 inches  square) hooked
into the riding lawn mower battery and it is  always topped up and ready to go.
it used to be dead all the time.

  You could make your self a nice little box  ( or pelican case)  and mount a
couple of sealed batteries in it with some kind of charger (, or  plug it
into the car lighter when not using the radio to charge it) and hang a  small
solar panel on it to keep it charged when not in use.  lots of  options.   I
hope
this gives you an idea.  tom N6AJR

In a message dated 4/11/2008 9:01:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,