Re: [TenTec] Alpha 89

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Alpha 89
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:43:01 -0500
The Alpha 89 and 87 are keyed with a different circuit using a PIN diode,
where the 91B and 99 use the vacuum relay.  My '99 also works FB in QSK by
tying it into the keying loop.  There are mixed reports on the 87 and 89 -
I've never seen an authoritative answer.  Even Alpha just reports that some
users have a good outcome with a Y-cable that they describe.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com