[TenTec] new transceiver survey

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] new transceiver survey
From: "k8bbm@srt.com" <k8bbm@srt.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:15:10 -0500
I'm glad to see the opportunity for input - survey good, bit
limited for my tastes, but excellent idea and holds much promise
--ever since 1971, I've appreciated TenTec gear - a chronology
of sorts-- to deal with my perceived limitations of survey.

bought new a power mite 2B
bought used a pm3A
bought new, 509
bought used, 509
bought new 515
divorce, start over
bought used, Omni A, Omni B, Omni C/Hercules, 509
bought new 525 Argosy
bought used 525
bought used, 540, 544, century 21, century 22 (twice)
bought used 580 (twice)
bought new Jupiter (twice) sold both times, never got rf out of
rig -
bought used Corsair,  2510 satellite station, Corsair II, Omni V

every time I sold a Tentec, I later kicked myself. - later
picked up another one ...love the receivers, qsk, the looks of
the older gear - love the service!!
Gradually worked through having most what I couldn't afford
when it was new - somewhat settled down with a few keepers (9)-

chronology interspersed with love affirs with old boat anchors -
 in the last 8 years, sold off the tube stuff.
do have icom 706mk2G for mobile and an ic703+ for portable,
never felt Tentec was much into mobile stuff - that's not a
complaint.

Use computer at work, not very interested in computer in the
shack - although am getting into psk31

Still love TenTec, appreciate those guys in Sevierville
Looking forward to what's next, but not interested in $2k or
more radios....

Dave

just my  2 cents worth.  TFBW