[TenTec] Omni 6 Plus Repairs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 Plus Repairs
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:07:18 -0500
I am a new to Ten-Tec owner of an Omni 6 Plus.  The rig purchased from the
estate of a silent key had been in storage for about 7 years.  When I bought
the rig and powered it up the receiver appeared to work fine however the
transmitter would not do more than 20-25 watts on 160 and 80m.  40m and above
would run from 80-100 watts.  On 160 and 80m the total current draw on the
power supply was less than 10 amps.  I sent the rig to Ten-Tec for repair and
they replaced the Finals and Drivers at a cost over $450.  I'm curious from a
technical view if replacing finals would seem to be the right fix.  I would
expect problems with the higher frequency not lower frequency bands if the
Finals were bad.

Any comments or thoughts out there?

Doug, W9PN

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential,
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. No other person is
authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained
herein). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
replying to this message and delete it from your computer.