[TenTec] Omni VI PA and Lowpass Filter board access

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI PA and Lowpass Filter board access
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:54:15 -1000
Hi all,

I'm getting into my Omni VI to try to find why the TX power is low on
1.8 MHz, but not so low on 2.3 MHz. I ant to look at the TX PA and the
Lowpass Filter Board. Having removed both the top and bottom covers from
the rig, it is not yet obvious how I can get to the areas I want to
inspect. How should I get there? Remove the top panel which has the
speaker mounted on it? Or remove the bottom panel? Or will I need to
remove both? What if I need to remove the whole PA assembly (if I decide
I need to replace the PA transistors), it appears to be screwed to the
back panel. Can I remove it from the back panel, leaving the back panel
in place? Or do I have to remove the whole back panel?

Thanks in advance for any help,

DE N6KB