Re: [TenTec] Little more TVI 95% Shield

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Little more TVI 95% Shield
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 17:22:48 -0500
Charles, the MAJORITY in fact, of all credible scientific studies of RF
effects; have shown NO certain linkage of RF to bad effects to you.

Way back in the earliest days, when Alexanderson Alternators were used to
generate 20kW of RF, Alexanderson himself often slept regularly in his
commercial station next to an operating transmitting alternator, with no RF
harm to his health.
(I thinked he lived to his 90th decade).

I have only seen one study, and that from Europe, of uncertain effect of  a
cell phone used next to the brain.
And that effect was in the fraction of a per cent of the study group.

One of our local hams was for years on the premier study group of
electromagnetic effects, and during his many years on the committee, all the
throrough scientific blind studies came up with NOTHING of harm.

If you looked at the average age of hams, you will see there are a lot of
old timers, and if anything could be linked healthwise, it is that operating
RF devices causes obesity! ;-)

-Stuart
K5KVH