Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ key clicks

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ key clicks
From: Rick Denney <rick@rickdenney.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 02:35:38 -0400
Dr. Gerald N. Johnson writes...

> Be sure its not receiver overload. Many receivers do not handle
> really strong signals well.

This was my thought. At Field Day last year, I was using a Kenwood
TS-430 for 20-meter phone, and our 20-meter CW station was an Omni VI.
I could heard their CW all up and down the band. With many hours to
listen to it, it became clear to me that the receiver on the Kenwood
was experiencing fundamental overload.

Our strategy for preventing that this year is more careful antenna
separation, and the use of a rig with a much stronger front end on the
phone station.

What I heard sounded very much like the description of this problem.

Rick, KR9D