[TenTec] K3 information

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] K3 information
From: "Paul K." <hglent@frii.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:34:22 -0400
WELL SAID JIM!!!

PK

NO, it has become the TenTec Cheerleaders reflector -- better
defined as a bunch of old farts, SOME of whom seem to be interested
only in justifying their purchase of a particular radio, and not
caring to learn anything about anything else going on in the world.
Thankfully, some other members are here to learn more about their
radios, fix them when they break, and share what we have learned
with others. I am one of the latter group.

TenTec and Elecraft are both very good companies, and make very good
products. They are both American companies, both started by
individual HAMS dedicated to doing it better. Al Kahn, K4FW, the co-
founder of Ten Tec (and also Electro-Voice), was a MAJOR behind the
scenes booster of Heathkit, and long time supporter of ARRL. He
would have been very pleased with what Elecraft has done. It is
quite sad that some folks are only able think in terms of "us
against them." That's a big reason the world is in such a terrible
fix.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC