[TenTec] Early Ten-Tec's appropriate for a blind person?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Early Ten-Tec's appropriate for a blind person?
From: Kevin Anderson <k9iua@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 05:48:33 -0700 (PDT)
I have been contacted off the list by David, KB1HFF, about
obtaining an early Ten-Tec radio suitably adaptable for a blind
person.  This would mean a radio with a frequency annunciator or
otherwise adaptable for Braille.  Any suggestions?

Did/do any Ten-Tecs come with a frequency annunciator for the
blind?

I recall on the auction site someone selling a Century 22 where
they had removed the plastic plate over the string dial so one
could feel where one is with respect to each 100 kilohertz, plus
then added some braille markings to the dial knob.  I presume
something similar could be done to the analog Triton's, Omni's,
early Delta, and the analog Argosy.

Other ideas?  If anyone has such a modified radio, please try
contacting David directly - I can give you his e-mail address in
a direct e-mail.

Thanks.

Kevin Anderson

--