Re: [TenTec] band conditions??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] band conditions??
From: "John Cox" <jecox@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 17:26:42 -0500
I put  a new to me 400 cycle Inrad filter in my omni VI opt 1 (9mh IF) last
night and the 40 meter band seemed very noisy with the 2400 cycle filter in
line but was very quiet with the new filter selected.  I found slow cw and
spent some time working on my receive speed.  Improvement  came a lot faster
when I was 13 years old.  At 69 I will have to work on it for a while.
I am having real problems with X, Y and Z.  My mother could remember
birthdays after being told once.  You could ask her years later and she had
instant recall but if the birthday was late in december she might be off +
or - a day or 2.  How do you figure.
73 John kc0yai