[TenTec] The Left-handed K3

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The Left-handed K3
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 01:58:49 +0000
Actually, as a right-hander, I assert that the K3 is already a radio to be
operated

with the left hand.  As I demonstrated for the "ergonomic expert" founder of

Elecraft, when one reaches for the PBT knob with the right hand, it is very
likely

that one will hit the main tuning knob accidently onto another freq.  I have
had this to happen

many times with my K3, but when I adjust the K3 with my left hand, everything

seems to fit perfectly.  Thus, I concluded that the K3 is a rig to be run with
the left

hand while the right hand runs the bug or paddle.  This makes a lot of sense for

the CW operator and supports my contention that the K3 is primarily a CW radio--

there are many other reasons, too.

So, lefties, take heart..... there is already a radio for you !!!!    73

Charles Harpole

k4vud@hotmail.com